Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Recipe Saturday - Beefy Taco Rice Skillet

Hi All,

It's Recipe Saturday time again, and I have A fun easy recipe for you. This Beefy Taco Rice Skillet recipe is courtesy of my good friend Allison. I had this for dinner at her house, and fell in love. I hope all of you enjoy it as mich as I did.

Beefy Taco Rice Skillet
 
PrepTime: 30 Min Total Time: 30 Servings: 5


Ingredients:

1lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
 
1 envelope (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
 
1 1/2 cups water
 
1 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
 
1 cup  frozen whole kernel corn (from 1-lb bag)
 
1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
 
3/4 cup shredded taco-seasoned cheese (3 oz)
 
1 cup shredded lettuce
 
1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
 
Sour cream, if desired
 
Directions:
 
1. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
 
2. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water, salsa and corn. Heat to boiling; stir in rice. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Cover; let stand 8 minutes.

3. Fluff rice mixture with fork; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle lettuce around edge of skillet; sprinkle tomato in circle next to lettuce.

 Serve with sour cream

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)