Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesady Is Poem Day! Christmas Eve - by. Mathilde Blind

CHRISTMAS EVE.



 
Alone--with one fair star for company,

The loveliest star among the hosts of night,

While the grey tide ebbs with the ebbing light--

I pace along the darkening wintry sea.

Now round the yule-log and the glittering tree

Twinkling with festive tapers, eyes as bright

Sparkle with Christmas joys and young delight,

As each one gathers to his family.


But I--a waif on earth where'er I roam--

Uprooted with life's bleeding hopes and fears

From that one heart that was my heart's sole home,

Feel the old pang pierce through the severing years,

And as I think upon the years to come

That fair star trembles through my falling tears.

~ Mathilde Blind ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)