Where The Wicked Read.... My Spot To Talk About, Review, Share My Love Of Books, and Anything Else That Comes To Mind..

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

REVIEW: TAKE ME NOW (Take Me Now Series) BY FAITH SULLIVAN

TAKE ME NOW
BY
FAITH SULLIVAN





Now Available
Kindle ($2.99) | Nook ($2.99) | Paperback ($5.99)
Goodreads
 
How do you survive the internship from hell? 

Don't fall in love. 

Ivy thought being a reporter-in-training at the Independent Gazette would be her dream summer job. Little did she know, interviewing Eric, a landscaper with a heart of gold, would derail her plans. It turns out Ivy's boss, Lauren, has been eying his chiseled physique for quite some time. 

But at twenty-four, Eric already has a tragic past, one that he is still reeling from. Even though his ordeal turned him into some sort of local celebrity, it's been a while since he's shared his bed with anyone. When he comes to Ivy's rescue out of the blue, it's not long before the two of them start seeing each other behind Lauren's back. When they get caught, Ivy's journey toward a college degree is jeopardized and her relationship with Eric is severely put to the test. 

Career versus love? In the end, a shocking turn of events provides Ivy with a revelation she never saw coming. 


REVIEW:

This is the first book by Faith Sullivan that I have read, but it won't be the last. 

Take Me Now is a great start to this trilogy. This story grabbed me, and kept me reading until the end. I was on an emotional roller coaster while reading this story, but I don't regret any of it. I felt what the characters felt, and that is good storytelling in my eyes. 

The characters were like able, and easy to identify with. However,  I do think a little more character development would benefit this story. Ivy is a strong heroine. She's a little naive, and definitely a little broken, but despite that you can relate to her. I liked her, Some of her so called friends I didn't like so much. 

Eric is broken at the the beginning of this story. He has had real tragedy in his life, and you can't help but empathize with him. The fact that he's sweet, protective, and dedicated just makes you fall for him all the more. Don't get me wrong, he's far from perfect, and makes mistakes, but he doesn't give up. Eric try's even though its hard for him to let go of the past. 

I enjoyed this story, but I do wish that their was more Eric & Ivy time. I'm sure their will be more in the next book, and I will be picking it up.
4 STARS/ 4


1 comment:

  1. I just got an email letting me know that all of Sullivan's books will be .99 so I might check it out.

    I'm a little concerned that it's a trilogy. I can barely handle all the angst for one book never mind 3 lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so feel free to comment all you like :)